- Feature Links
- Website Policy
This webpage defines the appropriate use of the website and social media sites for the City of Campbell. The purpose is to establish guidelines and regulations that are intended to help facilitate and enhance the exchange of information and ideas through the City’s website and social media platforms.
This policy applies to the City’s Internet website, campbellca.gov, all associated web pages and approved social media sites. Social media sites are defined as services through which multiple users can easily publish and share a wide variety of content, including but not exclusively, written commentary, pictures, and video / audio files via the Internet.
- The City of Campbell’s website: www.campbellca.gov will be the City’s primary repository of information regarding City operations, policy, and business.
- The Campbell website is not and does not become a public forum or limited public forum; rather, it is maintained for the exclusive use of the City of Campbell in communicating matters of general public interest to the Campbell community and other members of the public.
- The City of Campbell's website and web servers are maintained for the exclusive use of the City of Campbell in communicating matters of general public interest via the Internet.
- Any website that is operated and maintained by the City of Campbell, or that the City of Campbell hosts at public expense, is considered a City of Campbell website. The content of any City of Campbell website is subject to any relevant City of Campbell policies.
- Design and maintenance are centrally controlled by the Communication and Public Engagement Coordinator (CPEC) and the IT Manager to ensure communication consistency and technical effectiveness throughout the City website. Each department is responsible for maintaining their own pages and keeping them aligned with the overall branding of the website.
- Individual Department Heads are responsible for assigning staff to be responsible for updating, responding to inquiries, and keeping information current on department pages and services.
Hyperlinks on our website may lead to resources located on other servers. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement of these sites or their content, or reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the City. The City of Campbell is not responsible for the content of any such external website, and under no circumstances will the City be liable to any party who may choose to use or rely on a listed entity, its products or services.
The City of Campbell strives to present current and accurate information on its website but does not guarantee either the accuracy or currency of information posted on its website. Web content is subject to change without notice from the City as a result of updates and corrections.
The City is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or contaminations of a web visitor's hardware, software, peripherals, or properties, or for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions resulting from use of or with respect to the material contained on its web servers, including without limitation, any material posted on or linked to/from Campbell's website. The City is not responsible for any special indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the site and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the site are provided by the City of Campbell or a third party.
The City of Campbell is committed to protecting user privacy online.
Information Sharing: We do not share user information with other organizations. As a governmental agency, we are subject to the California Public Records Act, and any information received through the use of the City's site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.
Mobile Information: We do not share mobile information with third parties or affiliates for marketing or promotional purposes. This policy applies to all categories except for text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Opt-In Data: The City of Campbell respects user preferences regarding data sharing. If you have opted in to receive specific information or services, we will adhere to your preferences.