The West Valley Clean Water Program Authority (Authority) serves as the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Authority for the cities of Campbell, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and the Town of Los Gatos. The Authority focuses on stormwater pollution prevention to keep our creeks clean and protect the health of our aquatic neighbors. The Authority board meetings are scheduled on the first Thursday during the months of February, May, September, and November at 4:00pm, at Monte Sereno City Hall, 18041 Saratoga Los Gatos Road. Click here for upcoming meetings and agendas.
If you see illegal dumping in or near storm drains or creeks, please call the West Valley Clean Water Authority at (408) 354-5385, the City of Campbell Public Works Maintenance Division at (408) 866-2145, or 911 during non-business hours.
In partnership with the West Valley Clean Water Authority and the Santa Clara Valley Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention Program, the City of Campbell strives to protect the quality of life for our residents ensuring that only stormwater drains to our local creeks.
Programs and Policies to achieve these goals include:
- Providing opportunities for the safe and proper disposal of medications, chemicals, and items containing mercury.
- Reducing contamination of the creek by not allowing single-use plastic bags and polystyrene containers.
- Aggressive sweeping of City streets to keep trash from entering the storm drain system
- Installing Full Trash Capture screens in storm catch basins to collect trash before it can enter the creek.
- Ensuring New Development projects provide stormwater treatment facilities consistent with the Low Impact Development requirements.
- Promoting Green Street Infrastructure, like the Hacienda Green Street project, to capture, clean, and filter water back into the ground.
The California State Water Resources Board hosts a series of stormwater films that provide more information, view HERE.