Beginning February 22, 2022
The Finance Department is open to the public again beginning February 22, 2022. We will still be accepting both virtual and in-person appointments to discuss your business license or accounts receivable questions.
Schedule a Virtual or In-Person Appointment Now
What We Do
The Finance Department is responsible to assist the City Manager in effectively managing the fiscal affairs of the City, consistent with established financial and other policies of the City Council, and to preserve and promote the City’s fiscal health. This is accomplished through the budget development process that includes an annual analysis of operating and capital spending needs submitted by the City Manager and reviewed by the City Council in a series of public meetings prior to adoption each June.
Monitoring of the spending plan is accomplished through the periodic accounting and reporting of the City’s financial transactions and culminates in an annual audited financial report by an external Certified Public Accounting firm.
The Department is responsible for a variety of functions summarized as follows:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting, including preparation of the City’s Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
- Compliance reporting to State and Federal agencies
- Preparation of the City’s annual Operating and Capital budget document
- Treasury, Debt and Investment Management
- Risk Management (General Liability and Property claims)
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Business Licenses
- Revenue Administration