The Campbell Planning Division is pleased to offer drop-in counter services at City Hall and by-appointment services, online and in-person. This page explains the scope of our services and our availability. Whether you need to a remove a tree or are interested in developing a property, we look forward to helping you!
Monday - Friday:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In-person counter services are offered on a drop-in basis to assist in routine inquiries, such as the following. You may also contact us at (408) 866-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions of a more non-routine nature, or would like a planner to conduct a preliminary review of plans, please schedule an appointment with a planner.
- What setbacks, height, Lot Coverage, and Floor Area Ratio (FAR) standards apply to your property.
- How to submit a Planning application through the City's online permitting platform, including submittal requirements.
- Understanding the rules governing ADUs and JADUs.
- How tall and where a fence or a wall can be.
- Whether a proposed business requires a Conditional Use Permit.
- What subdivision standards apply to proposed lot splits.
- How large and how many signs your business can have.
- If you a need a Tree Removal Permit to remove a specific tree.
- How to use SB-9 (Senate Bill No. 9) to facilitate a two-unit development and/or urban lot split.
- The size and usage restrictions for accessory structures, such as workshops, outdoor kitchens, and trellis coverings.
- Where a swimming pool can be placed on the property.
- How much and what type of landscaping is required for specific properties.
By-Appointment (Virtual/In-Person) Services
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday:
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (routine)
Monday: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM (non-routine)
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (non-routine)
- Whether a Variance from a development standard is warranted.
- How to proceed with a Planned Development proposal.
- What development and land use standards apply to new commercial, industrial, multi-family, or mixed-use project.
- If a General Plan or Zoning Map Amendment is required for a project proposal.
- Land Use or architectural changes at The Pruneyard.
- The limitations and restrictions that apply to designated historic buildings.
- The types of operational standards and restrictions that may apply to a Conditional Use Permit application.