The Campbell Planning Division is pleased to offer drop-in counter services at City Hall and by-appointment services, online and in-person. This page explains the scope of our services and our availability. Whether you need to a remove a tree or are interested in developing a property, we look forward to helping you!
Monday - Friday:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Counter services are offered on a drop-in basis (in-person), by phone at (408) 866-2140, or by email at email@example.com.
To ensure we can provide the best service, it is recommended to make an appointment for requests that are either:
- Technical in nature (more than being directed to the applicable code section or permit process); or
- Require a dedicated block of time to discuss (generally more than 5-minutes).
By-Appointment (Virtual/In-Person) Services
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday:
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Appointments are reserved for requests that are either technical in nature or require a dedicated block of time to discuss.
For routine questions and inquiries (i.e., checking zoning, permit requirements, or direction where development standards may be found online), please use our Counter Services.
Housing Development Project - Courtesy Review Process
What housing development projects are eligible for a courtesy review?
Projects resulting in the creation of two or more housing units.
What is the courtesy review process?
Navigating the City’s Multi-Family Development and Design Standards and Housing Development Project Permit Checklist can be difficult. As a result, the City offers the option to participate in informal courtesy review process with staff prior to submitting a formal Housing Development Project application. The courtesy review process is free of charge and intended to help reduce frustration and delay by helping you better understand the permit process and requirements.
How do I get started?
Housing Development Projects opting into the courtesy review process must complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Schedule an appointment with a planner by using the following link: Schedule an Appointment
- Step 2: Meet with a planner (via the appointment) to discuss your project goals and complete the Courtesy Checklist which will help guide your project as you work toward submitting a formal application.
- Step 3: After meeting with a planner, assemble a team of experts to design a compliant project. In preparing your formal application, please refer to the Housing Development Checklist and more comprehensive MFDDS Compliance Questionnaire.